Saturday, February 13, 2010

No Excuses...Just Do It!


While most you were probably home, still in your warm bed or having breakfast drinking a steaming cup of coffee, Mir, Norma and I were freezing our butts off waiting for the start of our first 5k. Yes, OUR FIRST 5K!


The goal was simple - to finish standing up. And we did. My official time was 36min 23sec - I will now call this my personal best (PB). I came close to bonking...I started off well but somewhere around the 2 mile mark I began to fade. Then I heard a voice say "on your left"...it was Mir running with Dr. Amy. I fell in step with their steady cadence and finished strong. What did I take away from this run? Not bad for a forty-something year old...not bad at all...


Oh yeah, a huge perk from running a 5K - you can go out for breakfast, then go home, lie in your recliner with your dog on your lap, take a nap...and not feel guilty. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment