Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fascinating Discussion on Bill Moyers's Journal

A quote from the discussion:

Well, I've been troubled by the course of U.S. foreign policy for a long, long time. And I wrote the book in order to sort out my own thinking about where our basic problems lay. And I really reached the conclusion that our biggest problems are within.

I think there's a tendency on the part of policy makers and probably a tendency on the part of many Americans to think that the problems we face are problems that are out there somewhere, beyond our borders. And that if we can fix those problems, then we'll be able to continue the American way of life as it has long existed. I think it's fundamentally wrong. Our major problems are at home.

This is not an election story. It's a "let's face reality" story - click here to go to the video or podcast - the video is in two parts. This discussion will make you pause and reassess what's important - looking at yourself in the mirror may be a little more difficult - I urge you to take time to sit down, with no interruptions, and watch or listen to this entire discussion - it's well worth it

No comments:

Post a Comment